My mother visiting me across the border in Canada fell
After that, whenever she is trying to walk, there%E2%80%99s pain in that knee joint and she feels like the knee will twist/bend. What is this and what should we do? It%E2%80%99s been a day already and no improvement.
She%E2%80%99s a US green card holder and has no insurance here but if need be, I can take her to the emergency room. I am more worried because she recently had a total hip replacement in the same leg 2 years ago and is 65 years old with osteoporosis.
Can be a meniscus tear.
Thanks for posting your query.
Inability to walk and feeling of twisting of the knee is suggestive of a ligament or meniscus tear. This can be properly diagnosed after an MRI scan. IT is best to avoid bearing weight on the leg and use a knee brace for proper relief to the knee. Avoid all the painful movements and attend an ER to know the extent of injury she has suffered.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
You are welcome.
I am happy I could help.
Do recommend our services to your friends too in case you find it helpful.
Wishing you the best in whatever you do.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can spinal stenosis cause joints pain and swollen ankle, thighs and knees?
- Having lower back pain with tickling and pulsating sensation. What could...
- MRI of knee showed occult displaced fracture. What is it and what is the...
- What is the cause and treatment for painful knee with walking difficulty?
- Having ump into superclavical. What could the long tube feeling be?
- MRI findings show posterior disc bulges at L5-S1 and L4-5 levels....
- MRI scan shows Lumbar spondylosis. Suggest
- What causes pain in left groin and lower back and how can it be treated?
- Had MRI scan of right ankle and prescribed with zyloric for reduction of...
- What would be the cause of sudden neck pain on one side?