My mother is 79 and suffers from Parkinsonism. She has
Avoid giving combiflam on a. empty stomach.
Thank you for the query.I have read it & understood your concern.
From the prescription you are referring to... the treating doctor thinks it to be due to ear wax. .the Ceruklin drops are to soften the wax &clear it off...thus relieving pressure in ear &pain too.Doctor has prescribed Tab combiflam to relieve pain &inflammation caused by wax.
Your concern is possible acidity after Combiflam....you can avoid it by...
- Giving the pill with a glass of milk or after food.
-giving the pill in divided dosage more frequently(1/2 pill 6 hourly ) after food or with milk.
-Giving over the counter antacid like Gelusil liquid 2 spoons with the medicine or Gelusil pills to suck.
Mostly in such cases the pain is controlled when ear wax is cleared...Still take her to the doctor for review as per advise.
I hope that answers your query.Any follow up query is welcome.In case you are satisfied,please rate the query before you close it.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Feeling chill and shaking. Is this a sign of an illness?
- Have high BP, cholesterol and low thyroid. Feel heart rate increases at...
- Having intense burning and noticed swelling in clitoris and labias after...
- Had open surgery for advanced sigmoid colectomy. Watery stools with pain...
- Have severe facial flushing and rosacea. Going through menopause. What...
- Type-2 diabetic, constipated, having abdominal pain after bowel...
- What causes headaches?
- Suggest treatment for recurrent diarrhea
- Suggest treatment for foot infection
- What causes severe hair loss?