My husband's right hand turned blue last night and it

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
My husband's right hand turned blue last night and it is turning blue again this morning.
Thu, 8 Feb 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Can be due to vascular compromise.

Detailed Answer:
The bluish discoloration of the hand is suggestive of a vascular compromise. A cervical rib also needs to be ruled out. Color doppler study of the hand will help in identifying any vascular problem. Do consult a physician and get proper investigations done to find cause.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal