Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
131 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

My husband has been experiencing blood in his urine for

Answered by
Dr. P. T. Patil


Practicing since :1971

Answered : 10108 Questions

Posted on Sun, 10 Mar 2019 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: My husband has been experiencing blood in his urine for the past two weeks as well as pain in the bladder area, please what might this be and what is the best treatment?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Need further investigations to decide line of treatment

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for query .
Based on the facts that you have posted your husband has blood in urine (Hematuria) and his scan has revealed a mass in bladder

In view of detection of mass in bladder it is mandatory to get few more tests done and evaluate completely to know the nature and extent of the mass which is important to decide the future course of action and modality of treatment .

Consult qualified Urologist for clinical and digital rectal examination and get following basic tests done to confirm the diagnosis.
1) Urine routine and culture.
2) Ultrasound scanning of abdomen and pelvis
3) C.T Scan of abdomen and pelvis
4) MRI of abdomen and pelvis
5) Endoscopic examination of bladder ( Cystoscopy)with biopsy from the mass to know whether mass is benign or malignant .

.Further treatment will depend upon result of these tests and final diagnosis

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on