My father (age:63 yrs) is under treatment for hypertension since
As per your last advice, my father was prescribed to taken 01 tablet Losanorm 25 & 01 tablet Cilacar-5 (morning) and 01 tablet Losanorm 50 (evening) and my father was under control (avg 140/ 85) as per his age (presently : 63 Years)
Due to some tension due to mother's temporary XXXXXXX related , my father went to a local doctor yesterday for just a periodic checking of blood pressure , where it was measured as 196/86, which seems to be high.
My father does not have any other symptoms like dizziness, head ache, uneasiness etc. Everything is normal as per his description.
Now winter season is there in West Bengal & we were told by a doctor that during winter , average blood pressure increases for not production of swating.
Today also blood pressure was measured at 190/94
i) Now please suggest what to do to normalize the blood pressure back to average range as per his age ?
ii) Should he take 02 tablets of Losanorm 50 (in evening)
iii) Please suggest any other medicine for this SOS situation.
(As per last ecg report, it was normal)
He is really responding well from your treatment & we are feeling truely grateful to you.
Thanking you for everything
Please refer to the detailed answer below
Hello and welcome,
I've gone through the medical details of your father... Yes, his blood pressure is staying quite high which needs to be addressed promptly.
Following things needs to be done:
1. He has to avoid taking to much of stress as this also causes an increase in blood pressure.
2. Dietary salt intake should be reduced.
3. As of now, do increase the dose of Losanorm to 50mg in the morning, continue taking this for a week along with following other precautions. After a week start monitoring his blood pressure daily three times a day (morning, afternoon and evening) for 3 days.
Hopefully, this will work out, if not then please get back as and when required.
Dr Bhanu Partap
Yes few tests will be required. I would like to suggest you to get an eco-cardiography done to see the status of his LV function.
Yes hypertensive patients do get affect on other organs of the body so it’s advisable to get a routine evaluation done which includes fundus examination of the eye and ultrasound of abdomen to check the status of kidneys.
Yes he can continue with the current medications and after a week his blood pressure should be under normal limits.
Hope to have been helpful.
Dr Bhanu Partap
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is blood pressure of 131/69 a cause for concern?
- Suggest remedies for pain in the left side of the chest
- What does this lipid profile test report indicate?
- What does a calcium level of 135 indicate?
- What causes fluctuations in BP readings?
- What does this ECG report indicate?
- What causes left-sided pain in the chest?
- What causes profuse sweating post a valve replacement heart surgery?
- Suggest treatment for pain in the testicle
- Is Sotalol intake 12 hours after missing a dose advisable?