question-icon

My Daughter 14yrs Old, She Has Been Complaining Of Leg

Posted on Mon, 17 Sep 2018
Question: My daughter 14yrs old, she has been complaining of leg pain often, we did the Vitamin D test, and the result showed Total Vitamin D is 14.38 ng/ml. This is lower than the normal level. can you please suggest natural food or supplements to improve her Vit. D level or any other suggestions. She has been complaining this in the past few yrs but we were thinking of growing pain and may be due to chilness, now atleast we know that this is due to deficiency Vit. D.
Answered by Dr. Dr. Yogesh D (49 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
She needs to play in the sunlight. Do not cover her body completely.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for the question.

Vitamin-D is produced within the body and one of the steps in the production of Vitamin-D requires exposing the skin to sunlight.

Your daughter's vitamin-D level is very low and needs urgent supplementation.

You need to get it prescribed by your local doctor.

You can give her Tablet D3 Must 60K, once a week for the next 3 months.

Amounts available in foods will not be anywhere near the amount that is needed by your daughter.

I hope this answers your query.

Best wishes.
Dr. Dr. Yogesh D