My blood pressure is usually around 125/65 what does the
it is the pressure when the heart relaxes
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
Blood pressure measurements look at both the pressure in the heart when it contracts and expels blood and also the pressure when it relaxes and blood flows back into the heart.
The top value in a blood pressure reading is the systolic reading- it is the pressure when the heart contracts
The bottom value is the diastolic reading- it is the pressure when the heart relaxes
They are both important.
Both readings- the top and bottom are to be interpreted. A reading of 125/65 is good, both values are within normal range and are acceptable.
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can Hydroxyzine be taken for urinary tract and bladder infections?
- What causes black colored stool?
- What causes dizziness in an elderly person post suffering a concussion?
- What does severe atrophy in a MRI report indicate?
- What causes electric shock like sensation in the arms radiating to the...
- Suggest treatment for swollen lymph nodes and fever in a child
- What does resting heart beat of 52 indicate?
- What causes diarrhea and upper right abdominal pain?
- Is Oxycodone 10/325 different from Oxycodone 114?
- Can Antabuse cause dizziness?