My blood pressure is 234/70. How low is an unsafe
I would explain as follows:
Welcome and thank you for being on 'Ask A Doctor' service!
I can understand your concern. I would explain that the most concerning values in your blood pressure values are systolic blood pressure values, which is extremely high (234mmHG) and may lead to intracranial bleeding if not addressed immediately.
For this reason, I would recommend going to the nearest ER service as soon as possible to help lowering your blood pressure values.
Regarding the high difference between systolic and diastolic blood pressure, it is not a matter of concern as it could be related to the normal aging process.
Too low diastolic blood pressure values are not a matter of concern considering such high systolic blood pressure.
Hope you will find this answer helpful!
Dr. Ilir Sharka, Cardiologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What do the following stress tests, echo and holter monitor test result...
- Suggest alternative treatment for congestive heart failure
- Suggest treatment for hypertension and GERD
- Suggest treatment for high BP and tingling in arms
- What causes sharp pain in chest area relieved by burping?
- Suggest treatment for afib, severe sleep apnea and high heart rate?
- What causes shortness of breath with normal chest X-ray?
- What causes severe pain in my calf muscle in Tietze syndrome?
- What causes altered sense of smell when diagnosed with sinus tachycardia?
- Does page syndrome increase the risk of heart attack?