My Dr. prescribed me 10mg of Viibryd for anxiety .
Hello, I'm Dr. Branch, thanks for using Ask a Doctor. Viibryd unfortunately often causes headache and nausea, and I believe you are right to suspect it is the cause of your symptoms.
It is important to taper Viibryd if you are taking high doses, such as 20 mg or 40 mg, but since 10 mg is already at a low dose and you have only taken it for 5 days, just stopping it should be fine.
I would recommend you let your doctor know about this as soon as you can, and maybe another medication can be tried. Often patients who have a bad reaction to one medication for anxiety respond well to another, so I would encourage you to be open to trying another medication if you are still having problems with anxiety.
I hope that helps, please let me know if you have any questions about that and I would be glad to discuss it further with you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- I currently take cape aloe (aloe Ferox) everyday for constipation
- My husband just received a lab report. His SGOT is
- Chest x Ray was recorded as normal..for a work visa
- My son is 19 and is constantly cold . His
- I had constipation for the last week. It is gone
- Tip of penis stings when contacted by clothing, slight redness
- I have had two knee replacements - the first was
- hai I have a pain in my left arm since
- I have itchy scalp bumps. The doctors call it uticaria.
- what do when back is paining