Just to check my Calcium and Vitamin D levels, I
Also Uric acid is slightly high, it seems (Is this because I am on a 4th day buttermilk fast as I gave this test today.)
Please advise if I should be using any supplements for Vitamin D deficiency.
Thanks a ton.
Yes ,vitamin D Supplements are required.
Hi I am Dr Gopal Goel Orthopedic Surgeon.
I have gone through the reports and significant finding is hypovitaminosis D. S uric Acid should be repeated after 3 weeks to see the levels. Buttermilk is not related to uric acid levels.
Vit D Supplements are required for you . You can take it in the form of caps or drinkable shots.
Blood levels of calcium are expected to be normal unless there is additional hormonal disturbance or level of calcium in body is very low.
Thanks for the question. Please feel free to ask any other question.
Is there any specific Vitamin D capsule/liquid name? Can you also advise the dosage? For how much duration you advise?
Regrading the calcium, I did not understood your comments. Hope everything is okay there? or should I take calcium tablets?
Please see below
Calcium- normally blood levels are maintained by hormonal effects by mobilizing from bone. So it is very significant if blood levels of calcium are low.
Vitamin D-: Normally to my patients I give Vitamin D 60K once a week. The exact preparation and dosage will be prescribed by your doctor.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for electric pulsation sensation near the shoulder blade
- What causes swelling and bruising in the knee after a fall?
- What does the following knee MRI report indicate?
- Is intramedullary nailing an effective treatment for displaced tibial...
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in the thighs
- Suggest treatment for swelling and numbness in the finger after injury
- What causes severe leg weakness and increased BP while on Amlodipine?
- Suggest treatment for swelling and bruising on top of the foot
- Suggest treatment for severe pain and muscle weakness
- What do these following MRI findings indicate?