question-icon

Is watery vaginal discharge in early pregnancy normal?

Posted on Tue, 11 Sep 2012
Question: there is watery discharge coming out of my vagina and i am one month pregnant ,
is it normal to have watery discharge , its plain water its not thick
is it normal
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal (30 minutes later)
Hello XXXXXXX

Mild amount of thin watery odorless discharge from vagina is commonly seen during pregnancy due to the hormonal changes that take place in the female body during that time. This discharge is not worrisome as long as it is mild in amount.

If the discharge is so mush as to wet your clothes or flows down in a gush then it needs to be examined by your gynecologist to rule out leakage of amniotic fluid.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN