Is trichomoniasis a sexually transmitted disease?

Dr. Albana Sejdini

Posted on Wed, 8 Mar 2017 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: I was diagnosed with Trich. My boyfriend said he hasn't cheated on me. Is this possible? I want to believe him.
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Better trust him- explained below...

Detailed Answer:
Hi my dear

I understand your concern.

You say to have been diagnosed with Trichomoniasis. May I know your symptoms? Or the diagnosis was after a routine testing?

Next, the symptoms will appear within 5 or 28 days after exposure to the infected person.
So, if you just started dating, then, should recall other personal histories both of you might have had in past.

Most of the time, the infection is asymptomatic; only few cases develop symptoms.

So better trust him and get both of you treated adequately.
All the best.
Dr.Albana
Follow up: Dr. Albana Sejdini 10 minutes later
We have dated three months. My question to you is how did I get it if my boyfriend is telling me the truth and didn't cheat on me.

I had a discharge and burning with urunation
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
Get him tested for Trichomonas too.

Detailed Answer:
Hi back,

Ok, then, get him tested for Trichomonas too.

Furthermore, he might have caught Trichomonas before you've been dating, but unfortunately you finished having the symptoms.

On the other hand, you might have the infection before dating with this boyfriend but now developed the symptoms. It is true and still unexplainable why only certain people develop the symptoms of infection.

All the best.
Dr.Albana
Follow up: Dr. Albana Sejdini 4 minutes later
Thank you for your advice.
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
You're most welcome...

Detailed Answer:
All the best.

If no more questions please close this discussion.