question-icon

Is there a connection between fibromyalgia and kidney stones?

Posted on Mon, 24 Mar 2014
Question: My husband has been diagnosed with fibromyalgia. His symptoms started a year ago a month after passing three kidney stones. Is there a connection with the two ?
Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani (1 hour later)
Brief Answer: no relation Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query I am Dr. Alok and very pleased to be assisting you with your health questions today. There is no relation with fibromyalgia and kidney stone. Fibromyalgia is a condition where muscles are not properly relaxed and patient feels pain and sleeping difficulty, while kidney stone is a condition where stones are deposit in the kidneys due to many reasons. but there is no relation in both these problems Hope this helps and provides answers to your question. If you have any further queries, please don’t hesitate to ask me again I wish you good health, take care --Dr. Alok
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Dr. Alokkalyani

Rheumatologist