Is testicular microlithiasis suggestive of development of testicular cancer?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Fri, 12 Oct 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: HI I WENT TO THE EMERGENY ROOM WITH PAIN IN MY LOWER ABDOMEN AND LEFT TESTICLE. THE PAIN ALSO RADIATES IN MY LOWER BACK. The pain in dull and achy. I was told it was varicocele, however, during the ultrasound it was discovered that I also had testicular microlithiasis. Is there a relationship between microlithiasis and testicular cancer?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Microlithiasis does not suggest Cancer of Testis

Detailed Answer:

Hello!

Thanks for query .

Based on the facts that you have posted the pain in left testicle radiating to lower back is mostly due to infection of testicle (Orchitis)

Microlithiasis can be due Tubercular infection which needs to be investigated by doing relevant blood tests and Color Doppler study of scrotum.

Do not think of testicular cancer as it always presents with huge swelling of Testis .

Consult qualified Urologist for clinical assessment and get the tests suggested done to establish diagnosis.

Further treatment will depend upon result of these tests and final diagnosis.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr. Patil,
Urologist