Is showering in high-pressure water safe for the skin or bones?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 31 Oct 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Can showering with high water pressure cause any harm or changes physically, such as flattening of back of head or bone structure (any bones) of back of the head or other bones in face/head or body? Or any other harm or changes to face, head, body or anything else?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Can cause a soft tissue injury.

Detailed Answer:

Showering with a high water pressure can cause a blunt injury in the area causing a bruise to appear.

It cannot cause a permanent change in the shape of bones or skull or flatten of bones. It can only cause a soft tissue injury.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Brief Answer:

No.

Detailed Answer:

There will not be any changes in the shape of bones of skull or flattening of the bones of the back of head or skull from showering with high water pressure.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr Praveen Tayal, Orthopaedic Surgeon
Follow up: Dr. Praveen Tayal 10 hours later
So there will not be any change in shape of bones or skull or flattening of bones of back of head or skull from showering with high water pressure?