question-icon

Is radiotherapy necessary for ecurrence of breast cancer?

Posted on Mon, 3 Mar 2014
Question: local recurrence of breast cancer at right lateral axillary fold despite chemotherapy of 4 cycles with epirubicin and cyclophosphamide of a patient with rt breast cancer. is it necessary to give radiotherapy now followed by remaining chemotherapy? Please answer me urgently. Patient"s next cycle of chemo is due on 11/02/2014. Yours sincerely, XXXX
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh (2 hours later)
Brief Answer: Please refer below Detailed Answer: Thanks for your query. This seems to be a very aggressive and unusual case. There may be a possibility that complete surgical clearance was not done initially. I will need more details to answer, specifically the baseline clinical stage, metastatic workup, the exact histopathology report with ER, PR, HER2, and the current clinical status and any imaging. Regards
Dr. Indranil Ghosh

Oncologist