Is pregnancy possible despite missing a dose of birth control pill?

Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain

Posted on Tue, 20 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: Hi I can't remember at all if I took my morning after pill on Sunday I took another one monday morning and continued my pill today and had unprotected sex this morning Wednesday do I need the morning after pill
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Very rare , chances slim for you to get pregnant. no real worries

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

I understand you might be worried about missing a dose of your pills. I suggest you continue taking your pills as prescribed.

No need to worry for now with regards to a pregnancy, despite the lost dose. It will be very very rare in my opinion for you to get pregnant. Not impossible, but the chances are really slim.

For me, for now, no real worries with respect to a possible pregnancy. Continue taking your pills as prescribed.

Thanks and kind regards,

Dr Bain
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar