Is melacare cream advisable on the face?

Dr. R.G. Joshi

Dermatologist

Posted on Thu, 12 Jan 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hello .
I am 28 year old guy. m planning to use melacare cream . Can this cream be used upon beard . Does this effect on beard.
Answered by Dr. R.G. Joshi 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Use it with caution.

Detailed Answer:
Hello, thanks for writing to healthcare magic.I can understand your concern.

Melacare cream is used for melasma.

It is applied at night and washed after 1 hour. It is strictly avoided at day time and strict sun protection is recommended.

It can cause redness of face and more darkening if not used in a proper way.

My first opinion is to avoid this cream and start treatment under the guidance of a dermatologist. If you still want to continue it use it with proper sun protection and caution.

You can use it on beard area but it has no effect on beard.

I hope this will help you. In case of any concern I'll be happy to help you.

Thanks.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee