Is local anesthetic used in hair transplantation surgery safe on the scalp?
I want to know i have no allergies i am going for hair transplant. Is local anasthetic safe in scalp? Is it safe?
Regarding local anesthesia
Hello. Thank you.
I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern.
Yes, local anesthesia is safe on the scalp. You will anyways be giving a test dose of local anesthetic on your arm prior to he procedure.
How do you be become endangered to toxicity?
Regarding local anesthetic
Toxicity can occur if too much of the local anesthetic is injected or if it is mistakenly injected directly into a blood vessel. Therefore patients vital signs are always monitored during a transplant.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Svt local anesthetic
- Risks of local anesthetic and methamphetamine
- Ivf dental local anesthetic
- Bruising from local anesthetic
- Vyvanse local anesthetic
- Dental local anesthetic lightheaded
- Local anesthetic bruise glans
- Flying after local anesthetic
- Marijuana and local anesthetic
- Coffee before local anesthetic