Is lifting heavy weights advisable when diagnosed with epididymitis?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Thu, 19 Jul 2018 in Men's Health
Question: I have been diagnosed with epididymitis. I am 73 years old and do heavy weightlifting. Should I back off of the heavy weights for a while?

I have been on doxycycline (100mg --twice a day). The initial swelling , pain and discomfort have subsided. How long does it take to completely recover? I still have a hard lump at the bottom of the left testicle. Will this go away?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It takes 3-4 weeks for Epididymitis to get cured completely

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .
Based on the facts that you have posted you have been diagnosed to have Epididymitis and accordingly being prescribed Doxixccycline twice daily .

Normally it take s 3-4 weeks for Epididymitis to get cured completely .

Continue taking Doxicycline along with anti inflammatory drug like Diclofenac twice daily .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.