Is it safe to take Plavix when on BP and diabetes medication?
continue with treatment of DM,IHD,HTN
First, continue treatment for type2 diabetes, CAD-IHD (as you had a stent insertion in 2003), hypertension.
You said that you are taking stomach pills but for what problem you are taking and since how long you had not mentioned. Can you give more information about that?
The blood thinner drugs ( plavix- clopidogrel) will be required in your case as you had coronary blockage previously. So basically there is a tendency to form a clot at coronary artery for which your cardiologist is giving you that tablet for so long time. Generally its required for life long according to patient's other concomitant medical conditions ( as in your case DM and HTN). Still I would say follow your cardiologist advise and not any other doctor.
You are taking ultra accel,BioPQQ and tocotrienol (vitamin E) ,they are just vitamins supplements. There is no harm in taking that rather they are beneficial but let your cardiologist know all this tablets.
For any query further, then just let me know.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Diabetic medications teratogenic
- Metropol diabetic medication
- Diabetic medication during pregnancy safe for fetus
- Suffering with balanitis diabetic medication
- Having diabetes medication for lowering ldl
- Is lyrica intake safe when on heart and diabetes medication
- Converting insulin to oral diabetes medications
- Positive stress test diabetic bp issues stop diabetes medication
- Suggest treatment for disturbed sleep when on diabetes medication
- What is the remedy for thirst when on diabetic medication
- Suggest treatment for IBS while on Thyroxine
- What do white bumps on lips indicate?
- What causes a flush like feeling behind the eyes?
- Suggest treatment for sneezing along with congestion and cold head
- Is applying Onabet and Futop in vaginal area safe?
- Suggest treatment for dizziness and exhaustion
- What causes small lump on lower back?
- Is pain at the back of head relates to the heart?
- What causes itching sensation on anal area post defecation?
- Is it safe to take Plavix when on BP and diabetes medication?