question-icon

Is it safe to ejaculate with an indwelling catheter?

Posted on Fri, 3 Aug 2018
Question: Can I ejaculate with an indwelling catheter? Is it dangerous?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil (3 hours later)
Brief Answer:
There is no harm if you can ejaculate with indwelling catheter

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

Based on the facts that you have posted you seem to have been having Acute Retention of Urine due to enlarged prostate and an indwelling catheter has been put in urethral passage (Penis) to empty your bladder .

You can Ejaculate with indwelling catheter in place .There is no harm in doing so except the fact that ejaculation will be little painful and semen would be ejaculated by the side of catheter slowly and not in a jet like manner as normal ejaculation .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist