Is it required to take all the tests offered by the health screening organisation even if asymptomatic for clogged arteries?
My opinion as follows:
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
I agree with you on the fact that although there are no symptoms of clogged arteries, it is important to evaluate your cardio-vascular risk, especially considering your age and the fact that you suffer from high blood pressure.
The only disadvantage of these tests is the fact that the patient has to pay for some of these services.
They do not impose the patient at any harm!
So, I would encourage you to perform one of these screening packages including:
- Complete lipid panel
-6 for life health asssessment
- carotid artery disease.
You should discuss with your doctor on these packages.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr. Ilir Sharka
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sore arm clogged artery
- How many years does it take for arteries to clog
- Olive oil for clogged arteries
- Vertebral artery screening tests
- Zeolite for clogged arteries
- Health benefits of malic acid for clogged arteries
- Carotid artery ultrasound screening
- Blood tests to detect clogged arteries
- Carotid artery screening
- Does stress clog arteries