question-icon

Is it required to take all the tests offered by the health screening organisation even if asymptomatic for clogged arteries?

Posted on Tue, 21 Aug 2018
Question: XXXX XXXX XXXXXXX as advertised offers various tests that are not generally prescribed by Doctor unless symptoms noted for clogged arteries etc. As stated prior , I am 70 yrs old and I am concerned about these issues. Do you recommend these tests? I have ask questions from you prior.
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
My opinion as follows:

Detailed Answer:

Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

I agree with you on the fact that although there are no symptoms of clogged arteries, it is important to evaluate your cardio-vascular risk, especially considering your age and the fact that you suffer from high blood pressure.

The only disadvantage of these tests is the fact that the patient has to pay for some of these services.

They do not impose the patient at any harm!

So, I would encourage you to perform one of these screening packages including:

- Complete lipid panel
-6 for life health asssessment
- carotid artery disease.

You should discuss with your doctor on these packages.

Hope I have answered your query.
Take care,
Dr. Ilir Sharka

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiologist