Is it possible to increase height at the age of 21?

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Posted on Tue, 6 Dec 2016 in General Health
Question: Hi, I am 21 years old. I'am 5'4 inches tall and I am not happy with that. My parents and my brothers are tall. What should I do to increase my height??? Is there any thing that I can do to check if I can add some inches?
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Supportive care

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. Height of 5 feet 4 inches at age of 21 is good enough and is driven by many factors. Natural height increases up to 20 years of age , after that long bones fuse at their epiphyseal plates and growth stops but small growth of a few inches can still be achieved with good stretching exercises, balanced diet and sleep routine patterns.

Please avoid any cheap publicity stunt to claiming a height boost as those are not true and have many deleterious effect. Just stick to a healthy diet and lifestyle and regular exercise and soem stretching like chin ups and hope for the best.

I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.

Khan