Is it common to find a thick walled collection in the first breast mammography after successful treatment?
We did her first mammography after surgery and report is good but it says thick walled collection likely post operative.
1. Is this common after 1 year of breast surgery?
2. She still complains pain in her breast, is this could be because of this fluid collection?
3. Do we need to remove this collection?
Thanks for posting your query.
Seroma formation following modified radical mastectomy with axillary lymph node dissection for breast cancer is a most common wound complication. In our experience seroma occurs in approximately 50% of patients undergoing mastectomy. Postmastectomy seromas usually vanishes within a few weeks after operation.
some patients may require repeated aspirations even for a period of months. Prolonged accumulation of postmastectomy seroma LEAD TO thick walled collection.
1.It is not common after 1 year of surgery but on rare cases can occur.
2.Yes,pain may be due to fluid collection or by inflammation.
3.Removal of this collection depends on size and pain both.If she has pain than fluid need to be removed.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Bruises after mammography
- Cad in mammography
- Breast cancer detection rate mammography
- Rash after mammography
- Digital mammography dense breasts
- Skin rash after mammography
- No shaving mammography
- Very painful breast cyst aggrevated by mammography
- Mammography on testicles
- Chances of call back after mammography
- Sex after candid v3 treatment
- What causes breasts to shrink and invert nipples?
- What should i do for chest infection and high BP ?
- What should i do to know whether i am HIV infected ?
- Does increased smoking and alcohol intake during stress increase heart...
- Is it possible to resolve monoamine oxidase deficiency by controlling diet?
- Late menstrual cycle, negative pregnancy test, laparoscopy
- Are there any side effects of abortion pills ? How long will it take to...
- Cut caffeine, low BP, frequent bloating, extreme fatigue, slight pain in...
- What post surgical care is needed following a spinal cord stimulator...