Is hair smoothening safe during pregnancy?
It is safe to go for this procedure
hello. thank you for writing to us at healthcaremagic.
I am dr Kakkar. I have gone through your query and I have noted your concern.
I don't think there would be any issue with pregnancy by a hair smoothening procedure. this is because hair is a dead tissue with no blood supply and so nothing gets absorbed through hair. moreover skin is sufficient barrier to allow any significant levels of absorption of something applied topically.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is it safe to use hair removal cream during pregnancy
- During pregnancy is it safe to shave private hairs
- Is martifur safe during pregnancy
- Is wartner safe during pregnancy
- Is flomist safe during pregnancy
- Journey during pregnancy is safe
- Is smooching safe during pregnancy
- Is ichthammol safe during pregnancy
- Hair loss during pregnancy taking biotin safe
- Is metronidazole safe during pregnancy