Is generic form of Donnatal available anywhere in the world?
It is a proprietary combination
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
Donnatal is a proprietary combination medication that serves as an antispasmodic.Its active ingredients are listed as: phenobarbital, hyoscyamine, atropine and scopolamine which are available individually as generics. But it is not available over the counter. But an over the counter alternative would be Colpermin or peppermint oil which may be tried instead. Donnatal is not marketed all over the world and I have doubts if it is marketed in countries where even prescription medicines are available to anybody.
Dr. Kunal Saha
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can i take donnatal for duodenal ulcer?
- Is dizziness a side effect of donnatal?
- Is skin rash or hives a side effect of donnatal?
- Is loss of memory a side effect of donnatal?
- Is difficult urination a side effect of donnatal?
- What are the side effects of donnatal?
- Is blurred vision a side effect of donnatal?
- Donnatal elixir phenobarbital
- Is decreased sweating a side effect of donnatal?
- Donnatal pediatric dose