Is diabetes medication required when diagnosed with fasting blood sugar level of 204 mg/dl?
I have gone through your query and understood your concerns.
I have gone through your report.
The fasting blood sugar level of 204 is indicative of diabetes.
So you need to take medicine after consulting your local doctor.
Also, you need to reduce sweets and sugar.
Try to exercise daily at least 40 minutes like walking. Also, check blood sugar every two weeks. And depending on them you may continue medication or sometimes depending on your local doctor's decision, you may also try stopping also. But as of now you need to start medication but only after consulting local Diabetologist.
Best is to take advice from local doctor.
As per your sugar levels. Initially I advice you to take medicine with Glimipiride plus Metformin combination tablet.
Check blood sugar levels after 10 days.
This is only for information sir. The best thing is you can consult local doctor sir. Under his guidance you can start medication.
Dr. Phanindra Dulipala, Diabetologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Diabetic medications teratogenic
- Metropol diabetic medication
- Digen diabetes medication weight loss
- Suffering with balanitis diabetic medication
- Having diabetes medication for lowering ldl
- Does changing diabetic medication cause increase in blood sugar levels
- Is lyrica intake safe when on heart and diabetes medication
- Converting insulin to oral diabetes medications
- Suggest treatment for disturbed sleep when on diabetes medication
- What is the remedy for thirst when on diabetic medication