Is compounding sterile preparations of CoQ10, Shilajit and PQQ legitimate?

Dr. Varinder Joshi

Posted on Wed, 19 Sep 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: For Diabetes and hypertension, I was prescribed 1000mg Metformin twice daily and 5mg Nisinopril. I'm off the Metformin to see what turmeric and berberine can do with my blood blucose levels. Then I take therapeutic/preventive doses of all the vitamins and minerals
Just watched a clip extolling the virtues of Compound CSP( CoQ10, Shilajit and PQQ" ). Is it legit ?
Answered by Dr. Varinder Joshi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Continue having Metformin

Detailed Answer:

I have seen your entire medical history and I recommend that do not experiment with your diabetes.
Please continue Metformin as it is well tolerated drug.
If you are so worried about the side effects, then you should try insulin.
As a rule the diabetic need only multivitamin antioxidant cap maximum once a day.
What product you are showing is legitimate, but I do not think you need it as herbal products if taken without proper indication cause toxicity.
If you have any other query then please use follow up query option otherwise close the thread.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr. Varinder Joshi,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana