Is bubbling sensation in the chest and gurgling in the abdomen a sign of acidity?

Dr. Sagar Makode

Cardiologist

Posted on Tue, 11 Sep 2018 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: recently ive been having tightness and the whole left side of my abdomen and tighness sensations around heart and chest area. and i sometimes feel a buzzing sensation in the upper left abdomen that leads to a tightness in my whole left side. ive also have feelings of a bubbling and gurgling sensation in the chest and sometimes dull and achy pains. im not sure if its just gas build up but its starting to cause me to panic.
Answered by Dr. Sagar Makode 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Likely this is gastritis and reflux disease.

Detailed Answer:

Likely. This is a gastritis and reflux disease. Do you also have upper abdominal pain, nausea, bloating, burping, increase in pain with food, sour water feeling in the throat or chest burning, these are the other symptoms and may be associated.

You should avoid fatty, oily and spicy diet. Have some walk after having food instead of taking a rest. Have multiple small meals instead of heavy meals. Have regular sleep habits and avoid stress. Lots of green leafy vegetables, fruits. Avoid smoking and alcohol if any.

You can get prescribed tab Pan DSR or Esomiprazole-Domperidone combination before breakfast once a day for 2 weeks. If not, adequately relieved, then you should add Syrup Sucral O or Gelusil two teaspoons three times a day for a week.

Dr. Sagar Makode,
Cardiologist

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D