Is accidental spillage of Otogesic ear drops on a 4-year-old's ear harmful?

Question
Hi, by mistake most of the content of Otogesic eardrop fell on my 4 month baby's ear.. I am not sure how much would have entered her ear..Will there be any side effects of this.. Any precautions I should take?
Wed, 23 May 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
No need to worry

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. Let me assure you that no harm will befall your child. Otogesic ear drop is for external application. So, overdose is unlikely. No specific precautions need to be taken. Just wipe off the excess amount and things should be fine.

Let me know if I could help further.

Follow-up: Is accidental spillage of Otogesic ear drops on a 4-year-old's ear harmful? 53 minutes later
Ok, Thank you Sir.

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Glad to be of service

Detailed Answer:
Feel free to ask me back in case you have any other query.