Is Ibuprofen safe to give two hours after taking cough and cold medications?
What cough and cold medicine did you give earlier?
You can give Ibuprofen safely to a 7 yr old even after giving cough and cold medicine. Just make sure that the total dose of Ibuprofen does not go over 500mg per day.
Also, some preparations of a cough and cold have Ibuprofen in it, please check its composition.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Read the composition to titrate the dosage
Different brands have different dosage in 10 ml. So you can read it on the composition and titrate the dose accordingly. Eg It says 5ml has 100mg of Ibuprofen, then you can give up to 10ml for 200mg up to three times a day as a safe dose.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Suma Parinam
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Need medication for cold cough and fever
- Suggest medication for cold and cough
- Productive cough after cold
- Pregnant got cold and cough safe to take wikoryl
- Is it safe to take cough drops for cold
- Cold sweats when taking ibuprofen
- Chronic cough after cold
- Nebulizer medications for cold and cough
- Cough for months after cold
- Tickly cough after a cold