question-icon

Is Hydromorphone stronger than Oxycodone?

Posted on Tue, 27 Nov 2018
Question: What does 7.5 oxycodon compared to 2 mg of hydromorphone? Which is stronger?
Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman (3 hours later)
Brief Answer:
7.5 mg of oxycodone

Detailed Answer:

Hi, I have gone through your question.

and I understand your concerns but hydromorphone is a more potent analgesic than oxycodone.. 1mg of hydromorphone is equivalent to 2.67 mg of oxycodone.. This means that a 2mg dose of hydromorphone is equivalent to 5.34 mg of oxycodone.. This means that a 7.5 mg of oxycodone will provide a more powerful effect than a 2 mg of hydromorphone.. I hope I answered your question. if you don't have any other clarifications then please close the discussion..

Hope this answers your query.

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman, Internal Medicine Specialist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Salah Saad Shoman