Is Colchicine intake safe when diagnosed with stage-4 kidney disease?

Excellent

Question
I have kidney disease-stage 4- an d was prescribed colcichine. The information packet that came with the colcichine YYYY@YYYY don't take if have kidney disease. ?
Tue, 29 May 2018 in Kidney Conditions

Answered by Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
you can take lower doses

Detailed Answer:

colchicine should be avoided to patients with advanced kidney disease but it's not completely contraindicated. Such patients may take a much lower dose, which I suppose was prescribed in your case. Just make sure that your doctor did not prescribe the usual dose (1.2 - 1.8 mg). In any case alternative treatments should be considered depending on the cause (gout or other causes...)

I hope you find my comments helpful!
Kind Regards!