Is Baclofen effective at treating spasticity in the calves?
Baclofen may be tried locally as gel.
Baclofen can be used directly on your calf as cream, there are forms of Baclofen containing gel preparations in combination with painkillers.
However, Baclofen is a drug used traditionally via the systemic route and topical use maybe not as much effective as the systemic use.
Another possibility to consider in your case is the use of Botox injections in your calf that may result in long-term improvement.
Discuss with your Doctor about these issues.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Erion Spaho, Neurologist, Surgical
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes tingling and pins and needle sensation on the left side of...
- What causes numbness in feet and ankles?
- What causes mouth spots and pit in forehead?
- What causes tingling feeling in shoulder?
- Suggest treatment for panic attacks, non functional rectum and memory loss
- What causes numbness in the right side of foot and leg?
- What causes burning sensation and tingling in hands and feet?
- What does my CT scan suggest?
- What causes shortness of breath in a patient with fibromyalgia?
- What causes severe muscle twitches at night in shoulders and arms?