Im a 74 year old male and had a total
There is nothing to be worried about.
Thanks for the query.
Based on the facts that you have posted you had been detected to have aggressive cancer of prostate with Gleason's score of 7 and was successfully treated by surgery of Robotic Radical Prostatectomy. Your PSA since then is always below 0.01 ng which has recently raised to 0.02 ng.
Single reading with marginal rise gas no clinical significance neither it indicates recurrence of cancer. Normally it the constant and serial rise in PSA level done at the interval of every month that is considered to be a criterion to judge recurrence of cancer.
What you have read over the internet is not obvious and it is not true for every patient. It is a general observation.
Looking at the PSA levels of 0.02 fourteen years after surgery rules out any possibility of recurrence.
If you are curious about it get your PSA levels done every month for four months It will help you to allay your anxiety.
Hope I have answered your query. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions, I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks and Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Have stomach pain, fever and loose stool. On omniprzole and ciplox. Any...
- Have had cyst removed from lips and noticed rigidness. Will it cure on...
- On medication for BP, body pain and frequent urination. Getting weakness...
- Having pain in testicle and noticed dark skin on it. What to do?
- Took medication for neurological problem and never had a desire for...
- Experiencing prolonged menstrual periods. What to do?
- Have increase frequency and urgency of urination. Any treatment?
- Why does my penis look small when not erect?
- Having on and off mouth ulcer. What is causing this and how to get rid...
- Noticed movable lump on the side of abdomen. What could it be?