question-icon

Im 21 years old and hoping to get pregnant. My

Posted on Tue, 26 Mar 2019
Question: Im 21 years old and hoping to get pregnant. My boyfriend and I always have had unprotected sex, however the last 3 times I have seen light spotting that only last a few hours. What should I do?
Answered by Dr. Olgeta Xhufka (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Try for a year before being investigated.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear, welcome to Ask a doctor service.
I read your query and here is my advice.

First of all you should not be worried but keep up trying for a year. After a year you can consider consulting a doctor. You ca check for pregnancy with urine pregnancy test kit after missed periods.
The spotting may be related to infection or trauma since you didn't concieve and it can't be related to implantation. Keep taking folic acid every day while trying to convince.
Do a vaginal smear to check for infection.

Hope I have answered the question.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Olgeta Xhufka