I went to the dr today my blood pressure was
I would explain as follows:
Welcome to Ask a Doctor service!
I understand your concern and would explain that these blood pressure fluctuations could be related to the changes in the atmospheric pressure, that you are experiencing.
Anyway, a single spike in blood pressure values does not mean uncontrolled arterial hypertension. It could also be related to anxiety, physical activity, caffeine intake, a salty food, etc..
For this reason, I recommend you to closely monitor your blood pressure values in the next days, frequently during the day in sitting position after 10 minutes in total relax.
It is also important reducing salt and caffeine intake.
Hope you will find this answer helpful!
Dr. Ilir Sharka, Cardiologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What do the following stress tests, echo and holter monitor test result...
- Suggest alternative treatment for congestive heart failure
- Suggest treatment for hypertension and GERD
- Suggest treatment for high BP and tingling in arms
- What causes sharp pain in chest area relieved by burping?
- Suggest treatment for afib, severe sleep apnea and high heart rate?
- What causes shortness of breath with normal chest X-ray?
- What causes severe pain in my calf muscle in Tietze syndrome?
- What causes altered sense of smell when diagnosed with sinus tachycardia?
- Does page syndrome increase the risk of heart attack?