I was circumcised last year, my penis sometimes is chafed
Hello Mr. Rodriguez,
The circumcision site should be thoroughly healed by now. While the exposed skin may be somewhat more sensitive than what you were used to when you had a foreskin, it shouldn't be actually chafed.
Sometimes the skin can be sensitive to certain soaps or other cosmetic/hygiene products. It's also possible that there is some yeast overgrowth on the skin which can make it seem irritated.
I recommend you go into your doctor for him or her to have a look in person. You may need an anti-yeast/antifungal cream to apply. Keep the skin as dry as possible if it is yeast, by changing out of underwear that might get sweaty from exercise, wearing loose-fitting cotton briefs.
So...no, I would not expect that 1 year after surgery you are having these symptoms.
I hope this information helps.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for chronic hip/pelvic pain
- What causes coughing, sneezing, headaches and watery eyes?
- Suggest treatment for post nasal drainage and runny nose
- What causes foul body odor and overactive bladder while taking Trospium?
- What causes pain near the navel area?
- What causes joints pain with welts and teeth problems?
- Suggest remedy for drainage at back of throat and vomiting sensation
- Suggest treatment for pain under the clavicle
- Suggest medication for ADHD
- Suggest medication for bloating in a person with history of colitis