Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

176 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

I was being treated with Lupron for prostate cancer .

Answered by
Dr. Deepak Sundriyal


Practicing since :2005

Answered : 1546 Questions

Posted on Sun, 30 Dec 2018 in Cancer
Question: I was being treated with Lupron for prostate cancer. I then went to another doctor on XXXXXXX when I found out I had stage four. For the last 12 months I have been on Lupron, prednisones and zytiga. My PSA has been close to zero for six months and he took me off the Lupron.
A XXXXXXX urologist said he probably should not have done that. What is the standard recommended process, should I also start back on the Lupron?
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Hello. Lupron should be continued

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear. So the food for cancer to grow comes from testes and lupron blocks it. Lupron needs to be continued indefinitely, even if zytiga fails. After that some other drug can be added to lupron.
Thanks and regards
Feel free to ask further questions
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 3 days later
Kind of a question that is up to me to deal with...… The oncologist is at Cancer Treatment Center in XXXXXXX How should I approach the prestigious Doctor and confront or question his decision????

I know this approach will be up to me but a little spinal fortitude would be appreciated...
Thanks Sir...… XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Hello again. So there is nothing to be fear off when it comes to your health. You can show him the evidence or simply change your doctor to some other oncologist or a urologist who deals in ca prostate.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on