I ve always had sensitivity & reactions to various chemicals:
Welcome and thanks for your query.
I understand your concern and it is indeed tough living with your sensitivity.
Let me explain what happens when you take anything that is causing an adverse reaction.
Your sympathetic nervous system goes into an overdrive status pumping adrenaline, non adrenaline and other hormones which leads to overstimulation of the heart and cause tachycardia.
Things containing caffeine, cocoa, alcohol and medicines containing pseudoephedrine can do this to many people. You have the situation that for some unknown reason other things also evoke this sympathetic nervous system overactivity. The way to overcome this is to block the sympathetic nervous system before you take things that are known to produce this adverse reaction. Check your usual pulse rate. If it is above 70 beats per minute and you are not suffering from asthma, propanol ( Instal ) taken at 20 mg twice a day will help you tolerate many of the things that normally cause racing of your heart. You can try after 24 hours of starting Inderal, which has to be continued for some days.
There are blood tests for food and inhaled allergens and also skin tests for hypersensitivity. Your issue may not be detected by these.
Do get back to me if you have further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can hepatitis C be cured?
- Does tonsillitis cause systemic infection or UTI?
- Suggest treatment for liver cirrhosis
- What causes pain in right side and pain radiating to lower back?
- What causes sharp pain in rib cage below shoulder blade?
- What causes rhythmic contraction of the diaphragm?
- What is the treatment for radiculopathy?
- Is Zentel to be taken before or after a meal?
- What causes pain in upper abdomen radiating to left side?
- How long Lupron injections need to be continued for prostate cancer?