I took one dosage of antenolol yesterday can i just
Detailed answer below
Atenolol is a medication for high blood pressure and for control of heart rhythm and is generally used regularly for a long time to work it's effect.
If you are taking it for the above reasons and the doctor has prescribed it and you are well tolerating it than it might be better to continue with it. You can stop it but it will not be helping with the above if you do.
On the other hand if you have used Atenolol for a long time and you stop it abruptly sometimes patients might experience symptoms of withdrawal with the heart racing and chest discomfort. It is always best to do drug changes with the advice of the doctor.
If you took it only once or few times and you stop it, this is not a problem, but you will not have the desired effect of the treatment if you need this drug though.
Sometimes doctors prescribe it for random use in anxiety and social phobia, in this case you use it when you need it and it's OK to not take it regularly.
I hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Antoneta Zotaj, General and Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- is it hpv?
- I am 77 years old and one breast is very
- I felt a sudden sharp pain in my inside wrist
- Is there a sleeping aid that I can use with
- Hi, I have been having acne problems for the past
- Can you look at the results of a stool test
- Hi my names is Isabel I’m 24 years old and
- I have had bladder infection after bladder infection on going
- Where can I find a doctor who will test and
- Feeling weak for about a week ! Why ?