I live in XXXXXXX home, and have had problems with

Question
I live in XXXXXXX home, and have had problems with my furance. I just had it cleaned and looked at. It definitely has damage to it, and I need a new furnace. In the meantime, the kerosene smell is really bad. Is this causing physical harm till the new one is put in?
Sun, 4 Feb 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No significant harm. Just ensure that you have the windows open.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. Kerosene is a known cause of indoor air pollution. You therefore need to ensure a good ventilation in case you want to use kerosene for the time being. Kerosene can have a damaging effect on the lungs and so it would be advisable to limit its use. Nevertheless, if used for just a couple of days before you can make alternative arrangements, it should not be a big deal.

Let me know if I could help further.