I just recently turned 52, I am in good health

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Tue, 2 Apr 2019 in Sexual Health
Question: I just recently turned 52, I am in good health and good physical shape. While sleeping, when I had to urinate, i would have an erection. Now, I don't have an erection.
Also, It takes a long time to get an erection. What can this be attributed to?
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Consultation

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using healthcaremagic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

From the available description it appears that you are observing loss of early morning erections.

Although loss of morning erections can be attributed to many factors ageing is one of the common cause. Since you are just 52 years and otherwise healthy and have delayed erection over a period of time I think there is need to evaluate for erectile dysfunction. This is important as gradual progress along with loss of early morning erections often indicates organic cause rather than stress which commonly hits more frequently among adolescents and young adults.

I mean to say that there is need for complete evaluation as this could be start of erectile dysfunction.

I hope this helps you.
Feel free to write back to me if you have more questions.
Thanks and regards.