I have some oral irritation on one side on the

Dr. Rajat Basak

ENT Specialist

Posted on Fri, 18 Jan 2019 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I have some oral irritation on one side on the roof of my mouth. I have had it biopsied in the past. Not cancer. But it seems to be more prominent at some times but never totally goes away. Any suggestions? I drink alcohol but do not smoke

And, would you have an ENT or Oral Surgeon check it?

Thanks
Follow up: Dr. Rajat Basak 1 minute later
Also what is it since it never goes away? It’s been there to some degree for more than 10 years
Answered by Dr. Rajat Basak 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
If it is present for years and in biopsy nothing has come out, then not to worry

Detailed Answer:
Hope you are doing well.

If it is present for years and in biopsy, nothing has come out then you have nothing to worry.

But still, you should consult an ENT surgeon. It seems that it may be lichen planus, vitamin C or B complex deficiency.

There is nothing to worry.
Take a daily multivitamin supplement, do betadine gargle twice daily.

Please revert back if you have any query.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee