Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
177 Doctors are Online

I have pimple scars .

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 15329 Questions
I have pimple scars.
Sun, 11 Feb 2018 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
may need to see a dermatologist

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

There are different ways to treat acne scars but the most effective treatments would require a dermatologist to help eg laser therapy, using an ultrasound device on the skin, fillers injected into the skin.

In some cases, it is mainly hyperpigmentation of the skin not severe scarring and there are some topical lotions/agents that can be applied to the skin that may help somewhat --(1)anti oxidant skin lotions eg vitamin c and vitamin e are helpful eg skinceuticals ce ferulic
(2)peel pads
(3)PCA skin pigment gel- lightens affected areas

Summary-- if the scars are severe then it would be best to see a dermatologist for assessment and treatment.
There are some topical treatments that might be able to help with the scars

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor