I have pimple scars .

Question
I have pimple scars.
Sun, 11 Feb 2018 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
may need to see a dermatologist

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

There are different ways to treat acne scars but the most effective treatments would require a dermatologist to help eg laser therapy, using an ultrasound device on the skin, fillers injected into the skin.

In some cases, it is mainly hyperpigmentation of the skin not severe scarring and there are some topical lotions/agents that can be applied to the skin that may help somewhat --(1)anti oxidant skin lotions eg vitamin c and vitamin e are helpful eg skinceuticals ce ferulic
(2)peel pads
(3)PCA skin pigment gel- lightens affected areas

Summary-- if the scars are severe then it would be best to see a dermatologist for assessment and treatment.
There are some topical treatments that might be able to help with the scars

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions