Owl Image

I have pain and pressure in both my legs. I

Excellent

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
I have pain and pressure in both my legs. I have degenerative Disc Disease with a fusion from L1 to just above S1. I also have a neurostimulator. This pain doesn't feel neuropathic. I tried laying down and elevating my eggs and it was instantly worse. It has been going all day.
Thu, 8 Feb 2018 in Back Pain

Answered by Dr. Mahaveer Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
muscular pain

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for posting the question.
I have gone through your medical history in detail.

If the pain does not seem to be neuopathic,then it can be muscular.
Low levels of blood carnitine can cause pain/fatigue and pressure in the legs.Elevating the legs can in fact aggravate the pain.

I would suggest you to take L carnitine tablets for minimum 10 days ( once a day) with passive and active leg and ankle stretching exercises.

Compression bandage around the affected parts with analgesic gel application and hot fomentation should help.

Anti inflammatory tablets like ibuprofen,Etodolac or tramadol will help reduce the pain to a considerable extent.

Muscular pain usually should subside with this.

If there is no improvement,you should get your blood profile checked for vitamin D,calcium and serum electrolytes.

Do consult a doctor if symptoms aggravate.

I hope the answer was useful.

Feel free to ask me any follow up queries that you may have.

Thank you.
Kind regards.