I have numbness in the left side of my chest,
Need some details to guide you in a better way
My name is Dr Muhammad Ali Rauf & i will look into your problem.
I have gone through your query and would try to help you in the best possible way. There could be a number of causes. I would be in a better position to guide you if you answer following questions please:
1. Is there any associated history of pain as well?
2. IF yes then does pain radiate to arm or jaw?
3. did it occur after performing some activity like lifting heavy weight?
4. are you on any kind of medication?
5. any history of heart problem, diabetes or other illness?
6. does numbness occur on any other part of the body as well?
I will be looking forward for the answers to conclude the discussion in the best interest of yours.
Observe closely for aggravation; apply hot pack
Thank You for getting back with the answers.
First of all please accept my apology for a delay in response. I have gone through the answers.
Most common causes includes stress, cardiac problem (usually causes left sided chest involvement) & nervous system (spinal nerves involvement). I would suggest you to closely observe for the numbness. If it persists or spread to larger area of the body then you need to visit hospital for further workup like MRI and tests for clotting. Meanwhile, you can apply hot pack on the chest wall.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
Wishing you good health !!