question-icon

I have noticed bald patches on my beard for the

Posted on Sat, 29 Dec 2018
Question: I have noticed bald patches on my beard for the past few months. No other symptoms along with it.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Alopecia Areata

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to ask a doctor service . I have read your query and viewed the image.

You have Alopecia Areata(AA). It presents as smooth, bald patches of hair loss, most commonly on the scalp but also elsewhere like beard, moustache, eyebrows etc. Treatment of choice in AA is intralesional injection with triamcinolone acetonide which may be repeated after 3 weeks. I advice you to visit a Dermatologist in your area for the needful.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you need any more assistance
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist