question-icon

I have liquid stool. The feces come gushing out rapidly

Posted on Sat, 9 Feb 2019
Question: I have liquid stool. The feces come gushing out rapidly with a feeling that I am about to pass gas
Answered by Dr. Mirjeta Guni (31 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
About acute diarrhea;

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for asking!
If diarrhea is not bloody and is not persistent for more than 3 days, there is no need to see a physician, but try to drink as much liquids as you can.
If you are not able to drink or have chronic diseases such as; diabetes, cardiac pathologies, then you need to see a physician and be sure that the hydration balance is ok.
Usually it has viral origin and is self limited, but if it persists, has not a normal color or if you have other pathologies do not wait any longer.
I would not suggest to continue with loperamide as the body needs to get rid of toxins, so substituting liquids would be better than trying to stop the intestinal transit.
Hope the information will help.
Best wishes,
Dr.mirjeta
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Mirjeta Guni

Endocrinologist