I have liquid stool. The feces come gushing out rapidly
About acute diarrhea;
Hello and thank you for asking!
If diarrhea is not bloody and is not persistent for more than 3 days, there is no need to see a physician, but try to drink as much liquids as you can.
If you are not able to drink or have chronic diseases such as; diabetes, cardiac pathologies, then you need to see a physician and be sure that the hydration balance is ok.
Usually it has viral origin and is self limited, but if it persists, has not a normal color or if you have other pathologies do not wait any longer.
I would not suggest to continue with loperamide as the body needs to get rid of toxins, so substituting liquids would be better than trying to stop the intestinal transit.
Hope the information will help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes blurred vision, digestive issues and dizziness when...
- What causes weight gain and heat intolerance while on Synthroid,...
- Suggest treatment for weight gain when diagnosed with adrenal fatigue
- What causes hyperthyroidism?
- What are the side effects of long term intake of Aspirin?
- What do anxiety and palpitations and TSH level of 3.0 indicate?
- Suggest the ideal dosage for vitamin D supplement
- What causes increased weight gain with abdominal pain?
- Suggest treatment for insomnia and dizziness in a hypertensive person
- What are the possible effects of switching from Humalog to Novolog?